Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can I post now?

So, yes, I did just spend an hour trying to write emails. More Jason insights:

1) Turns out I infer a lot by where you are from. Example: What does it really mean if you live as a single 28 year old in Walnut Creek (other than that you have a long Netflix queue)?

2) Writing into emails is HARD (yes, even with my roommate's help). You like pepperoni!?!?! I like pepperoni too!!!

3) If I write 2 emails a day for the next 30 days, I can match the number of emails Lorri and Lissa received within the first 24 hours of having their profiles public. Perhaps this was a poor bet on my part?

Emails sent so far: 3. Responses: 0. Shocking? No.

- Jason

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd help you with the emails...but it would just result in a let-down for your dates once they meet you...

;)

Tracy Elaine said...

Best advice I can give is to meet up with the person as soon as possible.

A. Photos are deceiving! Good lighting and good angles go a long way to hide trollishness.

A. Too many cute and funny emails or IM chats before the date, and it's only going to be awkward and disappointing when the person turns out to be a troll (see A) because the truth is no one wants to date a troll, no matter how funny and insightful, unless one is a troll.

My rule was no more than three emails should be exchanged before meeting.

Tracy Elaine said...

And if it makes you feel any better about writing your emails, Pete and my first email conversation had to do with my doing cartwheels in the park and how Match should really look into hiring cute men and women to email people who aren't yet paying members in order to sucker them in to paying so they can communicate with said hotties. Then we proceeded to spend much of our time on our first date discussing how Match could go about doing this and not get busted (note: about a year later they did get busted for just such a scheme).

With any luck you can look back three years later at your first contact with the potential future Mrs. Heidema and cringe at how awkward, and possibly strange, your first conversations were.

Unknown said...

your photo looks angry. and maybe a little constipated. look happy. like you have so many dates to go on that taking a photo was an interruption...

Nick said...

date? date?

agree with Jonah. pretend you're easy to get along with.